Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Have you been naughty or nice this year??

Well the year is flying past - I don't know where November went! And it is already one week into December with one week left of school before the summer holidays start.... Hopefully then time will slow down and we can enjoy summer!

Every year I tend to create something for Christmas for my home - before I discovered scrapping I would search the stores for the perfect piece! I have a beautiful collection of snowglobes...and candles.... and naughty elves tumbling down my stairs but it is the pieces I have made I do love the best so this year there was no way I could go past Graphic 45's new Christmas Range - Christmas Emporium LAtely I have also been trying to cull my stash and finish off those UFO's - yes un-finished objects!! hehe - I have had this Twiddleybitz house and frame sitting around my desk for a good 8 months or so just waiting to be inspired with the right idea! So I started with covering the Floating frame and then moved onto the house - now normally I cover the pieces before I assemble most OTP items - this one was given to me to do something with already assembled! But it wasn't until I saw Kelly Creates blog post with some Graphic 45 inspired cards that really got me going!! Follow the link to her blog to see how to create the gorgeous tree and wreath - I have used this technique a few times since too!! Thanks Kelly :) Add some mica flakes - some gorgeous snowflakes and berries from the florist along with a beautiful swirl from Flourish with a Bling and you now have my latest Christmas holiday piece :) Enjoy :)









My Life atm = a bit Crazy as it always is at this time of year - for the first time in 8 years I think we don't have any dancing concert or rehearsals or costumes or that stress - Quietly I am loving it and not missing it at all!! End of year always is busy - we have had presentation night for Chionia and her acro where she was awarded the Coahces award for most improved and a club champion trophy for her win in the Spring State Championships back in September - go my bubbalucha!! :) Very proud - Jess is working hard at school and doing so well - such a shame the first half of the year was a write off - we had her Yr 6 Farewell dinner on Sunday night - majority of the friends she has gone to school with since kindy are leaving and going to private high schools - this means they leave Primary school a year earlier - end of Yr 6 so they all had a wonderful dinner and night out on Sunday - the kids were so well behaved and looks gorgeous/handsome :) Good luck to all of you - you are a terrific bunch of kids :)


Today's job - includes getting another drivers licence and chasing up insurance etc - stupid me left my purse in my car accidently on Sunday night and of course it is the one time the car got broken into - the only thing they took was my purse but it has meant hours on the phone cancelling cards etc and reorganising paperwork sigh - just what I need at this time of year!

Happy holidays everyone - stay safe and love those special to you :)


6 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Stunning work Mel really beautiful

Carol said...

yes...yes...me...me... I wanna be naughty !!!!! LOL
This piece is just beautiful.....as
always...love the G45 colours....
XXXXX

Stacey Boyd said...

Wow oh wow, this is absolutely amazing, luv the 3D. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow oh wow this is really stunning!

Sheron N

DB said...

OMG, the 3d frame is gorgeous! Sorry you car was broken in to, it's disheartening when something like that happens especially at Christmas time.

Joanne G said...

Just Beautiful! You are so talented! I can't wait to try this!


Total Pageviews

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always busy on the highway of life :)

Search This Blog