Monday, January 17, 2011

Master's entries, floods and new babies :)

What a busy couple of weeks. This year we have not booked anything too far ahead...it has been absolutely wonderful to hide out at home with the pool close by for that refreshing dip (we have a very cold concrete pool which most certainly retains the cold!). Girls have been busy not doing much! Sleepovers and playdates which extend from several hours to ongoing several nights in a row are the norm here atm!

I actually managed to complete quite a few special projects which I will be able to showcase in the next couple of weeks but here is a sneak peak....using Twiddleybitz and Graphic 45 of course :) One of my favourite combinations :)



We have also been to the beach - discovered a yummy fish and chip store close by (nothing worse than greasy ickky fish and chips!) - fish and chips on the beach at sunset is a beautiful way to end a hot day!! It also happened to be the day of the Lake Clifton fires down south - despite no lives being lost it is a tragedy for all involved, from the 10 homes lost to all the livestock and devastation that it brought with it all because of some stupid idiotic people who think starting fires is fun - if it was up to me I would put them on a stake in the middle of a bushfire and see how they like it...... Photo's from the beach that night at sunset were awesome and it wasn't until I got home and looked at them I realised it was due to the smoke from these bushfires that was on the sunset...






Then on the same day the devastating news of the Queensland floods started to emerge which seemed to get bigger and bigger as the week went on - I was glued to the tv in the hope for good news but it didn't - the tv footage was extroadinary to watch and although I feel very helpless being on this side of the country I am so proud to be an Aussie watching how everyone has rallied together in times of a crisis. My sister and family has delayed going home to Brisbane by a week so hopefully various services such as power and getting around the city will make things a bit easier for them especially with a 3 week old bub!!! Hopefully there isn't too much mess for them to clean up once back either....

Weekend just gone we went down to Footprints at Preston Beach (about 90 minutes south of Perth) and had a fabo night with some Italian friends before heading to Just for Fun on Mandurah foreshore on Sunday. What a crack up!!!! Great entertainment for the day and an AWESOME way to wear out the kids - both girls fell asleep within 10 minutes of going home and still went to bed at 8.30pm :) Great day with some great friends :)









lol and lucky last (keep forgetting to post these!!) My masters entries for Scrapbooking Memories last year... I was very lucky (lol or unlucky depending on how you view it!) to receive to Honourable mentions in the magazine for my Single LO and my OTP item. So close but yet once again so far!!!!

My Single was based on the Escape 2 Create retreat I taught at last year in South Australia and although different to my usual colours I love it :) so very glad it got a HM!!!





My Double LO was based on my sailing history - from when I first started on 470's in Brunei with dad to State champion racing Farr 36 foot yacht's - it included memorablia from newspaper clippings to the Ship Captains hat pin I received for sailing in an international competition when I was 10.




Lastly my OTP - a Twiddleybitz jewellry box :) This currently resides by my bed and I use it to pop my earrings or jewellry in each night - LOVE it :) and very me :) THe magazine didn't show inside of it which I love too!!




I am also an Aunty again to gorgeous little Kimberly who was a bit impatient arriving 13 weeks early and all of 1kg - All are doing very well and going great guns - means we get to babysit Alice a bit which I have no problems with - she was so cute here this morning and I even got a beautiful snuggly cuddle from her!!

2 comments:

Binxcat1 said...

Gorgeous as ever chick... your family and your work are a credit to you. OH MY GOSH! She WAS impatient! so 27 weeks? and oh so tiny? So pleased to hear she is going well. Sending lots of prayers you and yours way.

Kathryn D said...

Hi Mel, thought I'd check out your blog and see what you've been up to. You are having a great time......great photos! All the best for 2011!!


Total Pageviews

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always busy on the highway of life :)

Search This Blog